Wednesday, March 12, 2014

China Glaze Sea Goddess Swatches

This collection came out about a month ago, and even though I'm a little late I still thought it would be nice to share this collection. The collection has a total of six shades, but I only purchased four.  I thought it would be fun to share my swatches and my opinion of these polishes. Oh, if you didn't know, these are all textured polishes too. Let's take a look and see how these work!


Tail Me Something is a medium toned purple with a strong silver shimmer. Can we say beautiful? The shimmer is very easy to detect on the nail and gives the texture a lot of dimension. Formula is a little sheer, this swatch has 3 coats. It's not a perfect consistency, but still pretty easy to work with. I didn't apply top coat to any of these polishes either. In my opinion, they are pretty enough without a top coat anyway!



Seahorsin' Around is a blue-green texture with silver and gold shimmer. My camera had a hard time picking up this color. The photos look like just a bright blue, but in real life this polish does have some green in it. It's a stunning shade. This polish was the most opaque and required 2 coats. I also feel like the silver shimmer comes out a lot more than the gold does. 



Wish on a Starfish is a baby pink with strong gold shimmer. This is easily my favorite, and seems to be a lot of people's favorite. The gold shimmer is so pretty and I love how easy it is to see. This one applied the same as Tail Me Something and required 3 coats.



Teal the Tide Turns is much different than the above three polishes. It has a seafoam green/teal base, but instead of shimmer, this one has greenish/teal glitters. While this polish is still pretty, I much more prefer the shimmery ones. I feel the glitters get a little lost and it's a little hard to see them sparkle. I felt this one was a little harder to apply also. This is one I feel would benefit from a topcoat to help make the glitters sparkle a little more.



Here is just a comparison shot so you can see how the glitter one compares to the shimmery ones. You can find these polishes at participating Sally Beauty Supply's and Ulta's. 


Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment