Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My First Splatter Attempt

I finally thought I would try my hand with a splatter design. It took some time, and made a huge mess (which you can see) but it actually turned out pretty good!

I seem to be on a purple and green kick...I need to change that and do other colors, but regardless I love this color combo. 




I would really suggest laying down either newspaper or lots of paper towels. I even got it on my poster board way past my paper towels. The polish tends to fly all over the place! I used coffee stirrer straws and cut one into 3 pieces (you can see them in the photo above). For me they ended up being a little too short so next time I'll only cut two per straw. I'm glad I used smaller straws, I don't think regular straws would work well at all. 

So after painting my base color (blue) and letting it dry I dipped each straw into my splatter colors (green, purple, black). I only did one color at a time and one hand at a time. Then you just blow the polish onto your nails, but the polish ends up going almost everywhere but over your nails, haha. I had to do 2-4 dips per nail per color. 



I forgot to take a pic with my tape on, but you want to make sure you cover your cuticles and around your nail with tape. It saves so much clean up time, and as you can see in the photo, you still end up with polish to clean up anyway. I don't have top coat on yet either, I took this pic right after I took my tape off. 

After cleanup, you let it dry for about 10-15 minutes and then apply topcoat and you're done!! It looks so cool and each nail is different. I did some polka dots for a couple nails so I wouldn't have to do splatter on all my nails to save time. If you want to try it, but don't want to spend a lot of time on it, then just do an accent nail! I think that would look awesome too. Maybe pinks and reds for Valentine's Day??? That sounds pretty, I may try it! 






Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.


1 comment: