Sunday, February 9, 2014

Two Valentine's Manis

I have two different manicures for this post. One I did on myself and one I did on a friend. I like how they both turned out, and it gave me a lot of practice making hearts! Making hearts is fairly easy, but does take some practice finding the proper spacing and I did have to do some touch up so the lines look straight.
Let's take a look at what I did!



I decided to use gold as my accent because Wish on a Starfish has a strong gold shimmer, so it pairs nicely. I think though that maybe a more neutral toned gold would have been better though, the one I used is a yellow gold. Wish on a Starfish is also a textured polish, but you can see that pretty clearly in the photo. I really love this shade and I like how much texture you get from this polish. It feels rough, but not scratchy. For my hearts I used a light pink crelly (OPI).

All you need to make a heart is a dotting tool. You put two dots next to each other to make the top and then just basically drag down each dot (with more polish) at an angle to make the point. I totally forgot to take pics or else I would have shown you.


And just because I wanted to use this heart filter....


For the other manicure we used a lot of different polishes. I didn't take a bottle shot pic, but let me know if you want to know what any of the polishes are. It's pretty obvious what I did, but I'll list the details just in case you are wondering. I was just kind of experimenting with different things, but I like the end result. I think next time though I would incorporate silver on another nail.

Pointer: White base, pink and red splatter
Middle: Jelly sandwich with a purply/pink jelly and holo dense glitter
Ring: Silver metallic satin finish
Pinky: White base, pink hearts
Thumb: Light pink base, red heart



Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment