Monday, July 29, 2013

A Crackly Audrey

If you aren't very familiar with China Glaze then I have a beautiful polish that I would like to share with you. It's called For Audrey and it's one of China Glaze's most popular colors. For Audrey is creamy, thick and opaque in one coat. It's super smooth, easy to work with and a gorgeous color. It's the perfect Robin's egg/Tiffany blue color. This color was made in dedication to Audrey Hepburn for her role in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I have worn this a few times now and I just LOVE the color and application. It's a must have in any collection in my opinion! 

I really wanted to try out my China Glaze crackle polish and thought that this would be a great duo to go with my black crackle, and I have to say, I think that the combo turned out pretty nice.

Sorry for the smudge on my pointer finger. Ack!

I had never tried a crackle before (although I've practiced a few times) and I really can't decide if I'm a fan or not. Crackle polish can really seem to be a hit or miss and honestly, the only reason I purchased any was because they were on super clearance at Sally's. I bought a black, white, and gold crackle and each cost me only $1.34. I've played around with all three and I can say the white one is really hard to work with. It dries fast and not very much product sticks to the brush which makes it difficult. The gold and the black aren't too bad though, but I do recommend practicing and trying different thicknesses first.

Obviously you paint your base color first, and although For Audrey was ready to go in one coat, I applied two really just out of habit. I let them dry for around 20 minutes and then I applied my crackle polish. There are a few different ways you can use the polish. If you put on a thin coat you will get very small, thin cracks. If you apply a thick coat (right thumb is the best example) you will get very large and wide cracks. If you put it on too thick it won't crack at all. My left middle finger has a big glob in the center because I got it on too thick there and it wouldn't crack. It still turned out okay though.


If you want to see what the white and gold crackle looks like let me know and I'll do some swatches and do a post about it. I like the colors together in this one though. In the right lighting the blue looked more green and turquoise-y and it kind of made me think of a turquoise stone. I thought that was cool. I think that if you can find a good color combo and if the formula is right that crackle polish can add some fun diversity to your mani. If it's weird colors or hard to work with (like the white) than I think it can make your mani look messy and unattractive. I'm sure it helps that I love For Audrey so much!







Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment