Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's like I feel the beach on my nails!

I took these pictures this morning. Blue skies, warm weather; perfect day. Then mid-afternoon the clouds rolled in, the rain, wind, and hail came and it turned into a pain. We got 3 in. of rain in less than an hour. Flash floods, leaves everywhere and a flooded basement. Luckily Ty was able to pull a lot of the water up with a Rug Doctor. Now I'm doing my blog post because why not? Haha. It was a crazy day, that's for sure.

Since Sept. is my birth month Ulta sent me a $10 coupon. I strolled in and went straight to the nail polish. I REALLY REALLY want OPI's Alcatraz...Rocks (a liquid sand) from their new fall collection, but of course they didn't have it. I did decide though that I was going to purchase a liquid sand since the only liquid sands I have tried were Wet n Wild and they weren't the best. I've heard OPI has a great sand formula so I wanted to check it out. I decided to go with one called Tiffany Case which is a gorgeous light blue color with silver shimmer in it. 

I have to say that everyone is right. Fantastic formula. I wasn't sure if I was going to like a textured polish, but I think I do. Since it's textured, the polish was very thick which actually made it incredibly easy to apply. It dried pretty quickly too. The little tag on the bottle says not to apply a top coat. I did my mani last night and decided to leave as it with no top coat. The tag also said it would dry matte, and it did to an extent. Since it has silver glitter/shimmer/whatever it is, it was still fairly shiny. 





I wanted to see how the polish would change with different top coats so this morning I applied Seche Vite on my pinky and OPI Matte Top coat on my ring finger. I like the finish the best without any top coat. The Matte really just dulled everything and muted the silver shimmer and the Seche Vite made the silver much more noticeable and obviously made the whole nail very shiny. The top coats also made the nails feel a little smoother and not as rough. 


It's hard to see the differences in the picture, but they are much more noticeable in real life. 

My nails feel like sandpaper. I'd have to say that the only thing I'm really not liking about this is that since it is rough my polish does get caught on things which is slightly annoying. Outside of that though, I think it's great! At least now I'm not scared to purchase polishes like this. 

 Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment