Wednesday, December 18, 2013

NOTW: Traditional Christmas

I wanted to do a traditional Christmas color manicure, and I wanted it to be simple. I obviously used a different polish on each finger and combined some gold to try to tie it altogether. Even though the gold on my thumb and pointer look the same, they are different polishes. The gradient doesn't show the differences very well.

I need to work on my glitter gradients. Doing a gradient with a creme polish is easy because it's blendable, but it's harder to blend a glitter polish. Some of the formulas were a little meh, but they were still all workable. 

Colors I used:

Thumb: SinfulShine Amazonian (green) and OPI My Favorite Ornament     (champagne gold glitter - this one is so pretty and such a unique neutral gold shade)
Pointer: OPI Underneath the Mistletoe (red) and Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain, Dear (gold glitter with holographic circle glitter)
Middle: OPI Liquid Sand Stay the Night (black base with red glitter) I did use a top coat with this as well.
Ring: Sephora by OPI Keep Me on My Mistletoes (neutral gold metallic) with SinfulColors Holiday Rebel (green/red/holo glitter)
Pinky: China Glaze Winter Holly (green microglitter with some gold glitter)

It didn't turn out quite as pretty as I had hoped, but I still like the color combos. My next mani will have some nail art!


Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment